What is ACWA?
The mission of the Addison County Workforce Alliance (ACWA) is to align the Addison County workforce development system to the needs of employers as well as job seekers through systematic and ongoing engagement and partnership.
Goals and Objectives
- Understand the current and future workforce needs of regional employers;
- Establish and meet regional workforce development outcomes through coordination, collaboration, and networking of employers, employees and service providers;
- Identify and focus workforce development resources available in and to the region to attain established outcomes;
- Identify gaps in workforce availability and training/education in the region;
- Develop strategies to fill gaps and meet the needs and the broader economic development goals of the community through regional workforce planning and regional industry-focused sector strategies.
The Alliance meets monthly on the first Tuesday of the month at 10:30 a.m. at the office of the Addison County Economic Development Corporation, 1590 Route 7 South, Suite 8, Middlebury, Vermont.
ACWA is open to any Addison County workforce development service provider, educators from all levels, other community organizations involved in workforce development, and any Addison County employer. To join, contact Fred Kenney using the email link to the right.
Current Alliance Membership (Alphabetically)
Emily Blistein, Director of Business Strategy, The Permanent Fund for Vermont’s Children
Bernadette Brookes, Human Resource Director, Northlands Job Corps
Suzanne Buck, Future Farmers of America; Chair, Hannaford Career Center Board
Peggy Burns, Director, Center for Careers and Internships, Middlebury College
Rob Carter, Executive Director, Addison County Chamber of Commerce*
Keith Collins, Community-Based Learning Coordinator, Middlebury High School
Bill Cunningham, ACTR
Mary Ellen Giglio, Business Account Manager, VABIR
Gerrie Heuts, Community-Based Learning Coordinator, Mt. Abraham Union High School
Fred Kenney, Executive Director, Addison County Economic Development Corporation*
Kristine Kirkaldy, Community-Based Learning Coordinator, Vergennes High School
Trisha LaFayette, United@Work Coordinator, United Way of Addison County
David Lipkin, Owner, Schoolhack
Wendy Morse, Regional Supervisor, Vermont Department of Labor
Dana Peterson, Superintendent, Patricia Hannaford Career Center*
Steve Riegle, Employment Counselor, Counseling Services of Addison County
David Roberts, Director, Vermont Adult Learning*
Len Schmidt, Director, Adult Technical Education, Hannaford Career Center
Darla Senecal, Regional Coordinator, Building Bright Futures
Jennifer Stefani, Coordinator of Academic Services, CCV Middlebury*
Helena Van Voorst, Executive Director, United Way of Addison County
Carolyn Weir, Senior Philanthropic Advisor, Vermont Community Foundation
*Indicates Member of Steering Committee